What the world calls wretched Jesus calls blessed. Blessed are the poor and the poor in spirit. Blessed are the merciful, the compassionate. Blessed are those who hunger and thirst that God’s righteous justice might prevail. Blessed are those who work for peace. Blessed are you when you are persecuted just for trying to love and do what is good. Jesus was crazy. He said, love your enemies, bless those who curse you, pray for those who despitefully use you. He was crazy. He prayed while folk were killing him, “Father, forgive them; they know not what they do.” Now that’s crazy.
We need some Christians who are as crazy as the Lord. Crazy enough to love like Jesus, to give like Jesus, to forgive like Jesus, to do justice, love mercy, walk humbly with God — like Jesus. Crazy enough to dare to change the world from the nightmare it often is into something close to the dream that God dreams for it. And for those who would follow him, those who would be his disciples, those who would live as and be the people of the Way? It might come as a shock, but they are called to craziness.
|—||The Rt. Rev. Michael B. Curry (one of the best living preachers) in “We Need Some Crazy Christians”|
- sarahmuskevitsch likes this
- fantastic-nonsense reblogged this from affcath
- fantastic-nonsense likes this
- i-am-the-barrel-rider likes this
- ebbingusually reblogged this from affcath
- shankara-nayarana reblogged this from empathy-vs-apathy-nyc
- empathy-vs-apathy-nyc reblogged this from honor-not-honors
- invertthesnow likes this
- honor-not-honors reblogged this from affcath
- biblicalsubtraction reblogged this from affcath
- biblicalsubtraction likes this
- affcath posted this